On July 2, the Cardano Project Catalyst team posted the final voting results for “Fund 4”. According to the project’s website: “Project Catalyst is a series of experiments which seeks to generate the highest levels of community innovation.” Every six to eight weeks, the project puts up money from the Cardano treasury to anyone who wants to build a business or service on the Cardano platform. Members of the Cardano community have the opportunity to review all the ideas, and vote to determine which will receive funding. Anyone who holds at least 500 ADA in a recognized Cardano wallet is eligible to vote. There have been 3 rounds already. Fund 4 marked a milestone for the community, drawing about 2.3 billion ADA held by 216,749 unique Cardano wallets casting votes. Project Catalyst is a precursor to what will become a fully functioning DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) after many rounds. These funding rounds, currently happening at cardano.ideascale.com, are an iterative experiment to figure out what works and what doesn’t. Fund 4 had over 200 proposals under consideration; after the votes were…
About a week ago, Cardano’s Director of African Operations tweeted a phenomenal tidbit that largely went unnoticed by crypto media. We here at LIDO Nation think the news was as epic as man landing on the moon for the first time. They are taking up a challenge that is not being addressed by any other crypto project that we know of - and we know about a lot of other crypto projects. After reading this article, if you know of another project trying to solve the same problem, please let us know in the comments; solving the “cash” problem in crypto is a critical hurdle for widespread adoption.
I just saw an offline transaction demo for #Cardano including #Ada…
Join our pool!
- Unmatched Support
- We provide phone and email support for all of our delegates. We understand that many of our community members are not tech or crypto nerds. You expect the same level of service and support you get from Reggie down at the bank or Saiid, your nephew or friend at the office that won't stop talking about Bitcoin. We host weekly meetups (currently online due to Covid). Visit our connect page for all the ways you can reach us.
- Best in class servers
- Our servers are run and managed by professionals whose only job is to manage and run servers 24/7 365/6 days a year. We run our Cardano nodes on the same servers powering other services you've come to rely on everyday, like Google and Pokemon Go. What this means for you is that our servers are always online and available to process transactions, earning you and the causes we support the optimal amount of $$$$. Visit our pool page for more technical details.
- 4% for community development and investment
- Off all the rewards that come in, we keep 4% annually. All 4% goes towards charities you pick, paying LIDO nation community members like yourself to write code and content for the site, and grants for local community educational projects. See our financials page for full records of our spending, more details, and breakdowns.
- An Amazing Community
- When you delegate and join LIDO Nation, you get to participate in creating a space for people to interact, meet, learn, and teach each other. You get to be part of the engine that works to make every voice heard with equal importance. LIDO Nation is an idea. Delegate, take it and lets make something great!