Cardano was founded and launched by IOG, Emurgo, and the Cardano Foundation. To a great extent these entities still lead development and decision-making for the network; in other words, it is largely “Centralized”.
Someday, however, this power will be transferred entirely into the hands of Cardano-holders. The Cardano network will be managed by a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO). Project Catalyst is the proving ground and laboratory for the Cardano Community to learn what it means to function as a DAO:
- What works, and what doesn’t?
- What is inspiring, and what is discouraging?
- How can we hold collaboration in one hand, and accountability in the other?
- How can we be inclusive and global in light of diverse languages and competing world-views?
- ….this list is just a start - there are A LOT of questions!
Each Project Catalyst participant is entitled to their own ideas and opinions about what would make the experiment better. Indeed, that’s the whole point - especially if they are willing to jump in and do the work!
However, as with all areas…