Introduce to the Brazilian audience, composed of university students and professors, professionals, enthusiasts, and entrepreneurs, to key concepts of the Cardano blockchain technology under the framework of network science.
- What is the blockchain technology?
- Modern blockchain culture
- Social networks & technological networks
- Cardano, Bitcoin and Ethereum mechanics
- Fundamentals of network theory
- Proof-of-stake (PoS) vs Proof-of-work (PoW)
- Cardano and Mass Adoption
This proposal consists of a key idea that focus on a problem that is not covered by any other Challenge in Fund 8.
We aim to offer valuable information to the community on how Cardano poses itself as a spearhead technology designed to include everyone and improve blockchain mechanics. We plan to offer a scientific course entitled "Cardano Science on Networks" that will be exhibited in Brazilian Portuguese by the proposer, Dr. Andre Vilela, Physics Ph. D. and researcher, on a 30 h online course over a three months project.
This activity is similar to other courses lectured by the proposer in his university/institution. We do not identify relevant risks in delivering this solution to the community.
<u>Month 1 KPIs - Design</u>
- Cardano Fund 8 engagement: CA's and community
- A literature review of Blockchain technology
- Course Design and Cardano Science on Networks website setup
<u>Month 2 KPIs - Engagement</u>
- Communication and course engagement: Telegram and Instagram posts
- Online lessons sign-up phase
- Course Start / Welcome Class
<u>Month 3 KPIs - Action</u>
- Online lessons
- Course ending and certification
- Input and feedback
- Final Report
<u>Fund 8 schedule</u>
Project Kickoff 2225 USD
Month 1 2225 USD
Month 2 2225 USD
Month 3 2225 USD
Investment 8900 USD
This is a solo proposal with staff support and sponsorship from the Materials Physics undergrad program of the University of Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brazil.
Incremental Milestones for each phase:
Design (Month 1) + Engagement (Month 2) + Action (Month 3)
A broad and inclusive participation of students and professors, professionals, enthusiasts, and entrepreneurs that yields future proposals in the Cardano Ideascale by the participants.
This proposal consists of an entirely new one.
Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
4.3 By 2030, ensure equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education, including university
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
4.3.1 Participation rate of youth and adults in formal and non-formal education and training in the previous 12 months, by sex