Peer-to-peer collaboration portal within the WADA membership platform solely for the benefit of African SPOs and disaster-recovery support.
Main output would be a document containing:
- Guidelines for emergency preparations and disaster recovery
- Risk analysis and screening of both general and specific regional challenges
- Benchmarks to measure the stability, resilience and decentralized nature of African stakepools
- Rewards scheme for participating in network stress-testing and contributing to documentation
<u>How does the proposal fit into this challenge?</u>
By creating an environment where African SPOs can connect, learn from each other and share best practices, we can incentivize further SPO participation in disaster recovery and stress-testing, as well as identify the unique challenges faced by them.
<u>How will this campaign add value to our ecosystem?</u>
A more robust stakepool network, that can respond faster to unexpected downtimes adds to the security, reliability and value of the wider ecosystem overall.
After successful funding:
- Identify at least 5 African SPOs to take part in this program and onboard them onto the WADA membership platform
- 30 days - Create the documentation outline, checklists and rewards scheme for the SPOs
- 90 days - Observe the SPOs and track uptimes and other health metrics, conduct the risk analysis and finalize documentation
- Deliver the documentation for public access and feedback from other SPO networks and community members
- Expected public launch date: Dec 15th
- Program survey and report creation based on each SPOs stakepool health throughout the 3 months
- Extend project to include dashboards, webapps and real-time data built into the SPO collaboration portal, hosted by WADA
<u>Core Team & Roles:</u>
Josh F - Project Lead, Finance Lead @ WADA
Genty - DRC Stakepools, Business Initiatives Lead @ WADA
Mercy - Partnerships, Coordination lead @ WADA
Main Stakeholder: WADA (https://wadalliance.org)
- Stakepool XYZ
- African SPO Alliance
- WADA Stakepool
- Up-To-Date Developers (DRC)
Team fees $8000
SPO incentives $7000
Platform development costs $4000
Technical consultations $3000
<u>What success looks like:</u>
3 months: SPOs all completed their reporting and contributed significantly to the documentation, which is well received by the community.
6 months: Feedback gathered on both the program and the current state of SPOs in Africa, what their risk profiles are and how to address their main challenges.
12 months: Second iteration of project launched, with a focus on software tools, dashboards and data management to support a larger number of SPOs.
<u>Challenge Metrics Addressed:</u>
Risks scores for stakepools, before and after the program
No. SPOs onboarded onto the collaboration platform
No. of SPOs contributing to the documentation
No. of SPO delivering weekly reports on stakepool health
% SPOs who complete the 3-month program
Approval rating of the program from SPOs
Fair compensation rating
Risk score improvements
Rewards and Incentives metrics, based on participation
Infrastructure Development for Africa:
SPO staked portfolio DApp + Wallet
Scale-UP Cardano's Community Hubs:
Interested in contributing or partnering? Get in touch by sending a private message