<u>SUMMARY FOR COMMUNITY ADVISORS:</u>
The DLT-360 RISK RADAR Idea: We are proposing the development of a MVP of a powerful, (later-on quarterly recurring) risk-assessment and reporting-service to the CARDANO Community. The outlined assessment and reporting-service goes far beyond core-technology risks and CyberSecurity. Step-by-step we want to address all the 'complex amalgam of technological, economic and social components' by implementing a professional risk assessment process following the ISO 31000 industry-standard. We consider this to be a key-element in further growing CARDANO's unique reliability reputation.
- impact / Return of Intention: By creating a simple but effective mechanism for identifying complex CARDANO-related risks and opportunities, we are directly addressing this challenge setting. In addition, we combine the mere risk assessment with a smart way of visualizing (Risk Radar). Furthermore we want to utilize the reputation of senior experts from industry, economy and society at the reporting frontline. This way we can deliver important improvement impulses to the CARDANO community and send strong trust-building signals to commercial users and the general public (find more details below).
- Feasibility and likelihood to succeed: The core-proposer, Heinz Gassner, has more than 30 years of experience in leadership positions within industry (see LinkedIn Link above). This background provides access to a strong network of highly capable experts in many areas of technology, economy and innovation. For delivering this proposal, a diverse team of inter-disciplinary contributors from industry-, university, regulatory partners and specific subject-matter-experts will be established. Our determination is to provide this later-on as a recurring service in close collaboration with CARDANO Foundation, IOHK, existing quality- and CyberSecurity-partners and other key-entities of the CARDANO Community (find more details below).
- Auditability: Fund 6 is intended to fund the development of our Service-MVP, including the delivery of 2 live examples of a quarterly reporting to the community. We have defined tangible milestones along this Fund 6 journey. For transparency reasons we are establishing, maintaining and visualizing our Business Model Canvas, Activity Backlog and Kanban-Boards in MIRO. The successful deliveries according to our Fund 6 goals will be crucial to convince the CARDANO Community to install our DLT-360 RISK RADAR as a quarterly recurring service format later-on (find more details below).
<u>Vision and Strategy</u>
Today's Fortune 500 companies are all operating professional risk-assessment and risk-management systems. This can be easily expanded with scouting for improvement opportunities. By establishing a multidimensional risk-assessment and improvement-radar, we want to contribute to CARDANO's unique reliability reputation - very valuable for attracting high-potential industrial, commercial and public users. The outlined risk assessment of the CARDANO DLT-360 Radar goes far beyond core-technology risks and CyberSecurity. Step-by-step we plan to address all the 'complex amalgam of technological, economic and social components'.
The Radar-Screen-Reporting-View allows for easy visualization of the different risk & opportunity segments, showing estimated time and size of potential impacts. This radar-format has been successfully applied since many years, e.g. by major insurance companies and also within the work of the World Economic Forum (WEF). Besides capturing, analyzing and visualizing, we aim for establishing a large sensory-network as well as a core-team of senior experts for running periodic (quarterly) reporting sessions.
<u>Underlaying Business (Service) Model Canvas</u>
The first drafts of the underlaying business model canvas has been started in MIRO, fine-tuning will be ongoing throughout the duration of Fund 6.
<u>Market & Customer-Segments</u>
Whenever major players in e.g. industry, finance, education, healthcare or government are utilizing a public blockchain, trust in the technology as well as in the accompanying governance and risk-, lifecycle- and innovation management is key. With the services of CARDANO DLT-360 RISK Radar we are addressing and supporting
- Risk- and innovation-management teams within the CARDANO Community
- Risk-management teams of professional users of the public CARDANO Blockchain and tech-stack
- Expectations and demands of regulatory bodies
- The marketing and reputation-management teams of the CARDANO Community
We see the following value propositions
- Easy, drill-down capable overview of major risks and opportunities, from the big-picture into a more detailed perspective
- Well structured capturing and reporting perspectives from different viewpoints (market, regulations, technology, security, usability, scalability, reputation etc.)
- Legal and reputation-benefits by demonstrating best-effort, applying a state-of-the-art risk assessment and risk-management framework according to ISO 31000
- Adding value to various periodic CARDANO communication formats
While Fund 6 is intended to cover the initial development of our Service-MVP and the delivery of 2 quarterly reports/reporting sessions, the future of our service will largely depend on which direction the CARDANO Community wants this to go after Fund 6:
A) Exclusive quarterly service inside the CARDANO community: Can be based on a quarterly fee
B) Alternative: open service format, additional subscription-based revenue from a modular service-portfolio to a wider community of customers: This could lower the quarterly fee, but might lead to loosing focus on Cardano.
Our value proposition will be communicated and delivered exclusively over our dedicated tools, our WEBsite and over virtual online channels (recorded or live online meetings). Participation in physical summits and meeting formats must be examined case-by-case.
This service requires a certain degree of independence, but must nevertheless be closely linked to the CARDANO Community and/or CARDANO Foundation. Depending on which of the 2 options outlined under 'Revenue Stream' is implemented, there is also the potential to establish business-intelligence and consulting-oriented relationships to clients outside the direct CARDANO community later-on (not part of this MVP-oriented Fund 6 proposal)
<u>Key-Activities & Roadmap</u>
Our current assumptions within Fund 6 are based on delivering a MVP-version of the services to the CARDANO Community. This includes:
- Formation of a frontend core-team of high-reputation experts
- Formation of the required backend team
- Development of basic strategies, structures and processes
- Implementation of ISO 31000 compliant risk management framework
- Establishing the basic tool environment (surveys, databases, presentation layer)
- Defining the structure of major assessment segments
- Backend work for capturing, analyzing and aggregating inputs
- Establishing our WEBsite
- Designing our reporting format
- Delivering 2 live examples of a quarterly report to the community
- Summary and terms & conditions for making this to a ongoing quarterly format
<u>Key-Ressources & Partners</u>
The proposer, Heinz Gassner, has more than 30 years of experience in leadership positions within industry (https://linkedin.com/in/heinz-gassner-9540a241). This background provides access to a strong network of highly capable experts in many areas of technology, economy and innovation-oriented institutions. For delivering this proposal, a diverse team of inter-disciplinary contributors will be required:
Backend resources & partners
- Selected industry-, university and regulatory partners
- Specific subject-matter-experts
- CARDANO community to contribute to surveys and specific alerting
Front end resources and partners
- A core-team of 3 to 5 high-reputation persons to represent and present
The current cost-estimate is based on the activity-list shown above. The calculated costs will arise along developing this MVP service format. Other costs are not listed and will be seen as initial investment from side of the proposer and from other key-contributors (more detailed cost breakdown will follow).
- Team formation: Costs difficult to estimate, covered by proposer
- Development of strategies, structures, ISO 31000 framework and core-processes: USD 10.000
- UX design and setup of reporting tools, live presentation format and WEB-Site: USD 10.000
- Initial content research, analysis and aggregation: USD 10.000
- Delivery of draft- and MVP version of the reporting service: Costs difficult to estimate, covered by proposer
- Summary and terms & conditions for making this to a ongoing quarterly format: covered by proposer
Public Launch Date:
- First (live) draft-presentation to the CARDANO community in FEB/MAR 2022
- Complete MVP-service-presentation (live) to the community in MAY/JUN 2022
<u>Definition of Success for our this Fund 6 proposal</u>
- High-reputation front end core team in place (3 - 5 members)
- Stable backend team in place
- Concept including processes, tools, design and targeted content in place
- WEBsite established
- Initial research, analysis and aggregation completed
- First draft of (live) reporting service delivered
- Deepening of initial research, analysis and aggregation, integration of feedback
- Delivering a second (fully functional) MVP-version of the service (including live presentation)
- Delivering an offer with content and terms & condition for making this to a sustainable quarterly service and reporting format
- Earning the trust and mandate to continue beyond the Fund 6-MVP-stage
- The goal is to have the DLT-360 RISK RADAR service successfully established as a quarterly recurring activity for the CARDANO community (such recurring services are not part of this Fund 6 funding)